A Chatbot Case Study
- Setting up user expectations and chatbot transparency
- Ensuring chatbot communicates with existing customer service system
- Establishing human escalation protocols
- Chatbot users are 1.5x more likely to book
- Chatbot users are 1.6x more likely to enter the booking engine
- Chatbot users bring 8.3% of revenue
Club Med was eager to provide a greater user experience and customer service to increase bookings. During our initial user research we discovered that Club Med users were not getting the information they required during the booking process.
We created a chatbot to provide live customer service to Club Med users to help turn potential customers into actual customers. This solution worked because it meant Club Med was able to answer all user questions onsite.
To create even more bookings on the website we customised the chatbot to promote Travel Fair, the main menu was also tailored to promote Travel Fair deals so that users could quickly access promotions.
What We Did
- We analysed frequently asked questions together with common Club Med user journeys to map the conversation tree.
- With the client, we established focus areas to create a list of paths to include in Phase 1 of the project.
- We formed a keyword and phrase list for the chatbot to respond to, including responses for the chatbot.
- We plugged in the client’s API to the bot so that we could feed it with extra information.
- We created a human takeover feature so that the user could be transferred to the customer service team at any point.
- DOT, Club Med’s chatbot was tested and launched in June, 2017.
- Google Analytics tracking was implemented in July, 2017 to track each interaction with the chatbot and the website.
Club Med now has a direct channel to potential customers in the booking process. They are better able to understand where information gaps are in the website and as such have the opportunity to create a greater user journey.
Club Med is now building a database of potential customers to retarget to increase direct bookings.
- 1.5x more likely to book after chatbot interaction
- 1.6x more likely to enter the booking engine after chatbot interaction
- 8.3% of revenue from chatbot users
- $297.7K revenue from chatbot users (from Aug – Oct, 2017)
- 168% increase in session duration amongst chatbot users
- 85% increase in pageviews per session amongst chatbot users
- 8,513 interactions (from Aug – Oct, 2017)
- 7,936 total chatbot users (from Aug – Oct, 2017)
- 100 chatbot users per day on average
During the Travel Fair promotion:
The chatbot was customised to promote Travel Fair. The main menu was tailored to Travel Fair deals to make it easier for users to get promotional offers. The results from the promotion show the potential chatbots have to promote specific campaigns within a website.
- 2.9x more likely to book after chatbot interaction
- 15.2% of revenue from chatbot users
- $134.6K revenue from chatbot users
- 223% increase in session duration amongst chatbot users
- 132% increase in pageviews per session amongst chatbot users
- 2,304 total chatbot users
- 136 chatbot users per day on average
Thank you IMWT team for being a great support during the set up and roll out of this very new “Chatbot” tool.
With my curious nature, I was eager to launch the Chatbot to enhance the user experience onsite and of course as a new revenue generating tool. I was however skeptical at first due to the lack of manpower in my team and the risk of investment (time + money).
IMWT assured me that they will be with me throughout the process and I must say, they’ve done a great job at keeping to their promise and even going the extra mile to make the Chatbot a success story for Club Med today!
Thank you once again & our journey to take Chatbot to greater heights continues….Tania FDigital Marketing Manager, Club Med
Speak to us today to find out how we can help you get similar results.